Can you think of a more delicious-sounding cookie?? Perfect for fall. I found this recipe and it called for Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses. I know, I think they sound awesome too. Problem is, my Meijer doesn’t carry them. So I improvised, with caramel. They turned out fabulous. These are by far the best thing I’ve baked in a long time. So easy, and sooooo good. I made them for my coworkers as a little treat for completing the first quarter of school, and I’m pretty positive they’ll enjoy. You will too if you make these!! Happy eating. 🙂
Also I’m still playing around with my new fancy camera, so lots of photos in this post. Scroll down to the bottom for the recipe in its entirety.
- 2 Sticks Softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 12 oz bag chocolate chunk pieces
- 12 oz bag caramel bits
Preheat oven to 350° F. (No photo for this). 😀
Side note about me: I’m obsessed with brown sugar. Seriously. I eat it by the spoonful. Sick I know. But to me there is no happier sight in baking then that big lump of packed brown sugar. Mmmmmm. You know a recipe’s gonna be good!
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. In stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined, then add pumpkin.
2. Place flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into large bowl. Mix to combine then slowly add wet ingredients, then chocolate and caramel. Mix only until just combined.
3. Scoop medium cookie scoop of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Space about an inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges just begin to brown. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing to cooling racks.